Tuesday 19 January 2010

Update and feedback request

I'm putting together the last few touches for the next release of the DnD 4e Compendium for webOS; I'm hoping to test it during a game tomorrow night, make any tweaks/fixes necessary on Tursday and Friday, and have it available for download over the weekend.

The big change is the addition of filters for searches; most of the options available on the Compendium website will be in the app, with a couple of exceptions - XP rewards for monsters, and cost for weapons/rituals being the main ones. This isn't a technical challenge so much as a UI one; it'll take some work to get the fields in properly.

I've also made some minor changes to the way results are displayed: if no type is specified then that results list won't include any types with no results, and some types (items, monsters and powers) will have the level next to the name.

I've also played around with using text colours to denote Insider-only information, but I've not found anything I'm happy with yet.

Anyway, I'd like some feedback, if anybody's used the app so far. What would you like to see, either in terms of new features or fixes?

No comments:

Post a Comment